Thursday, September 07, 2006

Reviews Reviews Reviews

Haven't update this blog for a long long time... busy is one thing... another thing is no internet at work place.. so got lesser time to do blogging... From the last time till now, I finish reading 3 books.. and is half way thru by 4th book.. hopefully i can keep up to my blogging in time to come...

The Tenth Circle

The latest book by my favourite author... I would still say "My Sister Keeper" is still the best, no doubt this book is still not too bad. This book is about a girl who accuse her ex-boyfriend of raping her.. so did he? And who knows this ex-boyfriend died shortly after. They say it was a suicide, but was it really? If it is not, then who is the murderer?

As usual for Picoult books, there is a little twist at the end. I didn't manage to guess the correct murderer this time.. i kept thinking it was someone else, but it turn out to be another person.

In this book, the protective father is a comic book artist. So together with the novel, there is actually some comic strips after each chapter... and of course these are not random comics, but related to the story itself. And at the end of the book, Picoult actually tells the reader that there is hidden alphabets in the comic and we can search them and form a quote which summarise what is the message she wants to bring across. Can't tell you the answer as it will becomse spoiler. Its up to you to find out after you read the book.

Actually read some good lines in the book, and stored the page number in my handphone so I can blog about it. But.. i just changed my fone because of my new work place, and is too lazy to plug out my sim card and put into my old fone to retrieve the information... maybe later when i'm in the mood and have the time i will blog about them...

KUSO 網路三國志

這本書是這次到台灣時看到然後買的.自己都很意外居然會去讀關於三國志的書.可能是因為在翻閱的時候看到一些還滿好笑的句子吧.加上這本書在打折所以就買了.

這本書是以現代的網路世界來改寫當初三國時代的一些東西.比如劉備三顧茅廬等.對於不曾看過原本三國志的我來說,可能會看不出一些滿搞笑的橋段,可是也同時讓我大概知道一些三國的人物和時間.所以也不完全是本垃圾書.我想每一本書都有可以學習到的東西吧.

Good in Bed

This book actually contain the 2 best sellers from Jennifer Weiner, I have only read the "Good In Bed", cos I need to read the other book i borrowed from Ah Jo. Crazy me with so many books to read still went to borrow from others.. hahaha... i'm just so greedy.

Anyway this book is about a plump reporter who broke up with her BF because she thinks that they are not compatable, but later on found out that actually she still love him rather deeply. And the worst is her BF actually wrote about loving a plump woman like her on a rather popular magazine. And to make matter worst she finds that her job as a journalist is not all that fulfilling. She hope one day someone will recognise her talent and use her script for a movie.

So the whole story is about her trying to struggle thru all this downside in her life and became a better person. To me I didn't really learn much from the book, as probably because I'm a very different person as compared to the female lead.. or maybe I haven't really see that much difficulties in life yet. So reading this book is just like a normal novel reading for me, not much to write about.

No comments: